This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Process still alive for 120 seconds after service is stopped.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
The backgroundworker service stops immediately through service management but the process still alive exactly 120 seconds more (it is in the list Windows Task Manager, Processes list). This happens even no jobs is executing during the stop action and there is no ShutDown timeout in windows service config.

What may cause the service stopped after 120 seconds and how can I stop the service without waiting for 120 seconds.

I tried to stop the cassini web server on the stop event of windows service like that, but no change:

if (webServer != null)
        {
            try
            {
                webServer.StopServer();
                webServer.Dispose();
                Logger.Info("BackgroundWorkerService.Service webServer stopped and disposed");
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Logger.Error(new Exception("BackgroundWorkerService.Service webServer.StopServer  exception:", ex));
            }
        }
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hello,

actually I've already figured out the reason a few days ago, yes it was related with User Interface sections, thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Edited Jan 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Thanks for the answer susahin80. Codeplex somehow threw away my previous response :(

In case anyone else is wondering, it has to do with the Userinterface (it's supposed to popup when you start/shutdown if desktop interaction is enabled for the service.)

I'll log an issue for it.

Cheers.

Update - Fixed in v2.0.0.5
Marked as answer by dawidpotgieter on 1/12/2014 at 11:05 AM